The long weekend is over, so it’s all systems go as we steam ahead towards exams.
Our parent committee has some exciting plans to share, as per the report below.
PARENT COMMITTEE REPORT BACK
- UNIFORMS: We are aware that some parents have not received uniforms that they ordered a while ago. Jeannene will endeavour to improve the efficiency of uniform delivery.
- CAKE SALES: Cake sales will take place monthly from this term, on the last/first Thursday of the month, with Grade 7 being responsible for the next sale scheduled for 1st June. Pupils are to discuss with their teachers what kind of sale they would like to hold, not restricted to cakes.
- MOVIE & PYJAMA DAY: This fund-raising event will be held on the last Thursday of the term, 29th June.Pupils will be able to purchase snack-packs for R20. More information will be available nearer the time.
- BIG WALK WEEKEND: A sponsored walk will take place on 14th October. We would like to encourage all our families to participate. More information will be forthcoming.
- CHARITY DONATIONS: The parent committee has asked that parents donate unwanted good clothing for adults and children on an ongoing basis. You you send items to the school, which will be passed on for storage.
- Other events are in the pipeline, so watch this space!
- NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will be held at 18h00 on Tuesday 6th June at van der Spuy house. We would like to encourage more parents to come along so that all grades can be represented on the committee.
PARENT MEETINGS, Grade 6 – 9
Parent/Teacher meetings for Grade 6 – 9 pupils will take place tomorrow (Wednesday) & Thursday as per the times emailed to you. If you have not already done so, please confirm that the time slot allocated suits you. Grade 7 – 9 pupils must accompany their parents to the meeting.
Exams for Grade 7 – 9 pupils will commence on Monday 19th June and for Grade 6 pupils on Wednesday 21st June. Timetables will be avaialble shortly.
PARKING & Drop-off/Pick-up
A reminder that parents and lift-providers should enter van der Spuy Street from Visagie and keep traffic flowing in the same direction. Utrecht St should be entered from van der Spuy. Visitors should park on the same side of the road as the school.
- A very heartfelt “Thank-you” to our wonderful sponsors, who have done such an amazing job of renovating our school. Please feel free to pop in and have a look at the improvements that have taken place over the last few weeks. Teachers and pupils really appreciate everything you have done for us.
- Mrs Nikki Terry is away on sick leave. We welcome Mrs Karen Lang who will be substituting for Nikki until she returns at the end of May. We wish Nikki a restful and complete recovery.